Here are 13 things to know about the charts this week.
1. Lil Nas X's "Old Town Road" blasts from No. 15 to No. 1 on the Hot 100, earning the Atlanta upstart his first leader on the list. Click here for the recap.
2. "Old Town Road" is the main subject on the latest Chart Beat Podcast, as co-hosts Gary Trust and Trevor Anderson welcome senior editor Andrew Unterberger to discuss genre definitions and the evolution of country and hip-hop. Plus, a Mariah Carey concert review with executive editor Ross Scarano and a flashback 20 years as Billboard celebrates the music of 1999 this week. Click here to listen.
3. As Nine Inch Nails' Trent Reznor is credited as a co-writer on "OId Town Road," a sample, we look at other alt-rockers that have penned Hot 100 No. 1s. Some may surprise you.
4. "Old Town Road" is under two minutes long, making it the shortest Hot 100 No. 1 since 1965. The last such leader was by Herman's Hermits.
5. Eilish launches atop the Billboard 200 chart with When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?, which opens with the second-largest week of 2019. Click here for the story.
6. Eilish's album also sparks her first week at No. 1 on the Artist 100. Click here for the post.
7. Plus, Eilish earns her first Hot 100 top 10 with "Bad Guy" and breaks the record for the most simultaneous Hot 100 entries among women. Click here for the rundown.
8. Following his death March 31, Nipsey Hussle's Victory Lap re-enters the Billboard 200 at No. 2. Click here for details.
9. Looking ahead to next week, Khalid is projected to earn his first No. 1 on the Billboard 200, with his album Free Spirit. Click here for the forecast.
10. From Drake to Carrie Underwood, the National Hockey League has been increasing its booking of powerhouse artists for live music events. As the Stanley Cup Playoffs begin, NHL chief content officer Steve Mayer joins Gary and Trevor on the Chart Beat Podcast. Click here to listen.
11. On the Pop Shop Podcast, co-hosts Keith Caulfield and Katie Atkinson chat with Sofi Tukker ahead of the act's return to Coachella. Click here to listen.
12. Thanks to her new collab with Ariana Grande, "Monopoly," Victoria Monet debuts on the Emerging Artists chart and earns her first Hot 100 hit as a credited artist. Pass go and click here for the story.
13. After a $12.7 million start in Europe, Shawn Mendes' latest tour appears set for a $75 million-plus gross. Click here for the story.