A statement from Republic Records has revealed Charlie Walk and the longtime label have mutually agreed to part ways, according to Variety.
The announcement, which was made on Wednesday (March 28), comes after the now-former label president was accused sexual harassment and misconduct by a number former employees at both Republic (a subsidiary Universal Music Group) and Sony Music, where he previously worked for nearly two decades.
Life Lab founder Tristan Coopersmith the first woman to accuse Walk sexual harassment back in January said his exit from Republic Records is a welcomed move.
I applaud all the women who shared their truth and I am gratified that Universal created a safe process for them to do so, she said in a statement to Variety. This behavior in the workplace will only stop when we band together, unafraid. TimesUp.
Republic Records placed Walk on leave shortly after the allegations first came to light.
At the time, Walk released a statement denying all accusations sexual harassment and misconduct made against him.
It is very upsetting to learn this untrue allegation made by someone who worked with me 15 years ago, without incident, he said. There has never been a single HR claim against me at any time during my 25+ year career, spanning three major companies.”
He continued, “I have consistently been a supporter the womens movement and this is the first time I have ever heard this or any other allegation and it is false.
Walk was also one the original four judges on FOX’s talent show The Four but was removed after only a handful episodes.