Hip Hop is heavily represented on the Billboard 200 Top 10 for the week ending January 4. G-Eazy’s The Beautiful & Damned lands in the #4 spot while Kendrick Lamar’s double-platinum DAMN. album hangs in at #5. Meanwhile, Eminem’s ninth studio album, Revival, remains in the Top 10 at #6.
Elsewhere on the chart, Quavo and Travis Scott’s joint project, Huncho Jack, Jack Huncho, slides in at #9, and Bruno Mars’ 24K Magic and Kodak Black’s Project Baby 2 both see significant jumps in sales, landing them at #15 and #16, respectively.
Making It Look G-Eazy
G-Eazy is cruising along with his fourth studio album, The Beautiful & Damned. After debuting at #3 following its December 15 release, it now sits in the #4 spot, right behind Taylor Swift’s Reputation. Of the 41,748 total album equivalent units moved this week, 6,962 were in pure album sales. The album also collected a streaming count 42,137,176.
Read DX’s review here.
DAMN. Is Right
For 38 weeks straight, Kendrick Lamar’s critically acclaimed album, DAMN. (which earned K. Dot HipHopDX’s 2017 awards for MC the Year Award and Album the Year), has held on to a Top 20 spot. This week, the project hits the chart at #5, boasting 41,380 total album equivalent units (12,242 in pure album sales and a streaming count 30,145,263).
Read the review here.
Guess Who’s Back?
For its third week, Eminem’s Revival has remained in the Top 10 after debuting at #1 last month. With 40,919 in total equivalent units sold (21,260 in pure album sales and a streaming count 23,775,370), Revival currently sits at #6.
Despite the polarizing opinions on the album, it still earned Eminem a Billboard record. Slim Shady is the first artist who has debuted eight albums in a row at #1. Early Monday (January 9), Em released a remix “Chloraspetic” featuring 2 Chainz and PHresher that takes aim at his critics.
Read the review here.
Top 10 Billboard Top 200 Rap & R&B Albums For The Week Ending 01/04/2018
Note: The first number below is this weeks total album equivalent units count, an intersection album sales, single sales, and streams implemented by Billboards new rating system. A pure album sales figure is available in bold in parenthesis and information about each albums streaming count is available in brackets.
- G-Eazy The Beautiful & Damned #4 41,748 (6,962) 42,137,176]
- Kendrick Lamar DAMN. #5 41,380 (12,242) 30,145,263]
- Eminem Revival #6 40,919 (21,260) 23,775,370]
- Post Malone Stoney #8 39,027 (4,710) 42,933,725]
- Quavo & Travis Scott #9 Huncho Jack, Jack Huncho 38,695 (2,541) 52,804,050]
- Khalid American Teen #10 30,814 (6,248) 27,518,285]
- Lil Uzi Vert Luv Is Rage 2 #11 29,325 (1,855) 37,735,775]
- Chris Brown Heartbreak On A Full Moon #14 22,444 (1,915) 28,008,991]
- Bruno Mars 24K Magic #15 20,913 (6,277) 12,781,732]
- Kodak Black Project Baby 2 #16 19,250 (303) 26,590,562]