The track previously ruled the monthly chart in December 2016 & October 2017.
Kaleo crowns The Hollywood Reporter’s Top TV Songs chart, powered by Tunefind, for May 2019, with “Way Down We Go” returning to the list at No. 1.
Rankings for the Top TV Songs chart are based on song and show data provided by Tunefind and ranked using a formula blending that data with sales and streaming information tracked by Nielsen Music during the corresponding period.
“Way Down We Go” previously led Top TV Songs twice, first for the December 2016-dated tally after appearing in The CW’s The Vampire Diaries, and then for the October 2017 list following its inclusion in an episode of The CW’s Riverdale.
This time, it leads the chart after showing up in the May 7 episode of NCIS. In May 2019, the song racked up 8,000 downloads and 10.8 million on-demand streams, according to Nielsen Music.
AG’s “My Love Will Never Die,” featuring Claire Wyndham, from the fourth season finale of Lucifer, ranks at No. 2, earning 3,000 downloads and 244,000 streams; it was released in conjunction with the episode’s initial airing.
Meanwhile, an episode score reaches the list as well: Ramin Djawadi’s “A Song of Ice and Fire” from the series finale of Game of Thrones. Upon its release, the instrumental track saw 3,000 downloads and 694,000 streams, slotting it at No. 4.
See the full top 10 below.
Rank, Title, Artist, TV Show (Network)
1. "Way Down We Go," Kaleo, NCIS (CBS)
2. "My Love Will Never Die (feat. Claire Wyndham), AG, Lucifer (Netflix)
3. "I Get to Love You," Ruelle, Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments (Freeform)
4. "A Song of Ice and Fire," Ramin Djawadi, Game of Thrones (HBO)
5. "The Other Side," Ruelle, Arrow (The CW)
6. "Heaven (All Around You)," Apollo LTD, Station 19 (ABC)
7. "That's It (I'm Crazy)," Sofi Tukker, The Blacklist (NBC)
8. "The Beast," Old Caltone, Lucifer (Netflix)
9. "Sil (Roboberget Remix)," Miike Snow, Lucifer (Netflix)
10. "Where We Come Alive," Ruelle, Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments (Freeform)